Friday, 22 October 2010

Review; West Distance Part 2


Underneath West’s most beautiful cover yet, the two part story Distance comes to its conclusion. During a battle in the American Civil War, Jerusalem West has in the sights of his sniper riffle an old enemy but killing him from a distance isn’t enough for him. He wants to be looking into his eyes when he fires the final shot. While this story unfolds, the reason for his hatred of him is revealed in reverse in flashback.

West is one of the best comics being published today, which is surprising coming from me as I’m not inclined towards Westerns. Andrew Cheverton’s writing is so tight that I have to remind myself to breath and Tim Keable’s art is decisive and fresh. Distance ends earlier than the comic has space for so there’s a tidy short accompanying the main by Chev and Tim called Mrs Earnshaw’s Telegram. Here Tim demonstrates his range again by altering the page design and using what looks like a grey wash.

West Distance Part 2 costs £2.50, which is what I paid for it, and can be bought from the
Angry Candy website.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you'd stop making me want to buy things.

    ReplyDelete